Guide to: Beautiful Brows

Model: Cara Delevinge

If you follow me on Tumblr you'll know it's no secret that brows are one of my favourite facial features and a very important aspect of the face which I feel is too often forgotten. The reason brows are so great is because not only do they frame the eyes but having the correct brow shape can actually give the illusion of a more lifted eye and a slimmer face. I was recently sent some amazing products from Billion Dollar Brows and I thought, "perfect!" New blog, new products - time for a new post! Keep reading for more tools and tricks to get the best brows!

SHAPE: Okay first things first and I think the majority of us have been guilty of this one at some point - Don’t over-pluck! Before you get your hands on those tweezers, head on over to The Beauty Department site for a bit of 'brow 101' to determine where your brows should start, arch, etc. 
- If you have had a bit of a brow emergency with over-plucking, shaving or waxing, never fear! Billion Dollar Brows do a wonderful brow treatment called Brow Boost which is designed to help strengthen and condition brows. Not only that, but you can use it on your lashes too! (I've been using this product everyday for about a month now and I can confirm that it has definitely improved the growth of my brows).

GROOM: Once you're happy with the shape of your brows, use a mascara wand/brow brush to comb the brows upwards and trim any long or wild hairs.

FILL: For this step you're going to need a brow pencil or brow powder, or combination of both if you prefer. (TIP: If you don't own a brow powder and you'd like to save some pennies, rather than buying one you can use an eye-shadow - just make sure it is a matte powder with no shimmer or glitter in it, unless sparkly brows are your thing). Taking your brow pencil, or powder, fill in the gaps of your brow with light, feathery strokes until you reach the desired shade. (I love using BDB universal brow pencil to create a more defined line to the bottom of my brow and BDB brow powder to fill in the rest). Blend using a brow brush or mascara wand if need be.

FINISH: Once you have filled in your brows and you're happy with the result, you want to be sure your hard work won't go to waste. Dust either a little bit of translucent powder or apply a brow gel (I use BDB brow gel) over your brows to set them and keep any stray hairs in place.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Followers

Meet The Author

Hi! Whether you have found this site through me, a friend, one of my other social media sites, or just happened to stumble across it while browsing the internet, welcome! My hope is that this will become your go-to site for learning about everything beauty, lifestyle, and fashion related. I want this to be a positive place for all of you, a happy environment full of inspiration and encouragement :) I look forward to making new friends here, and connecting with other creative souls! Much love - Poppy xx